These duties are performed by the Bureau of Spatial Planning and Building Projects.
The bureau has a close cooperation with the Department of Geology that is responsible for the review and approval of county, comprehensive and detail plans in cases, where the planning area is situated on a mineral deposit that is included in the list of deposits in the Environmental Register.
The Land Board:
- organises and coordinates the fulfilment of spatial planning related duties;
- participates in planning procedures and represents state interests in the procedures as a representative of the owner, person concerned or interested party;
- makes proposals for spatial planning of state lands and orders such plans;
- manages spatial planning information, participates in the development and provision of interoperability of planning information data sets;
- participates in construction/building permit issuing procedures as the representative of state;
- cooperates with other state agencies, local governments and non-governmental organisations;
- makes proposals for drafting or amending legislation in this field, and participates in the drafting process.
Last updated: 16.09.2021